The Fascinating 1970s, Part 1 covered television; Part 2 takes on movies and books; and Part 3 will look at music and lightly covers cars, sports, fads, fashions, and furnishings. Here’s what you can expect in Part 2:
- A very brief overview of the American political situation/history of the 1970s and why we’re not dwelling on it
- Popular books and authors from the 1970s, plus books that were made into movies
- The range of movies and some of the celebrities in the 1970s
- The variety of ways you can use 1970s movies and books for quality programming
- A brief summary of adaptations for people living with dementia
The purpose of this course is to foster discussions that help participants find common ground with one another, to talk about the experiences and shared values that shaped their lives. Pleasant memories can be an entry point into a deeper discussion of who they are and what has made their lives meaningful.
This course has been pre-approved by the NCCAP.