The application of Maslow’s theory provides a solid foundation in the construction of positive enrichment programming provided by activity professionals in retirement communities. The Learning Objectives of this course are:
- Learn about Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory
- Gain knowledge on how to apply Maslow’s theory to activity programming
- Examine the impact of person-centered care and staff training
- Explore enrichment program design factors through music, exercise, art, and games
- Organize the information into modules of cognitive, motor, social, and self-enrichment to encompass Maslow’s theory, person-centered care, and activity programming
This course has been pre-approved by the NCCAP.